get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!



Well, my mantra for the new year was going to be "No Pain. All Gain." But then I spent the first day of 2007 vomiting. Maybe that means I'm getting all of the pain out of my system on the first day...? Well, anyway. It would seem it was from having a too rocking of a New Year's Eve. But it wasn't. I had a perfectly rocking New Year's Eve. I drove up in no traffic, met Kate and the two Bills at the outlet stores over here aka "Buyers Can Make Mistakes." Still, I found some dirty martini juice to buy and an Auntie Anne's pretzel. Oh, and pretzel mix for my niece and nephew. I thought the best stores were the home stores. Although, Kate and the 2 Bills made a purchase at the Adidas store. I probably should have gotten some socks. But I didn't go even go in.

After free wine and cocktails from the bartender at The Embassy Suites (every day from 5:30pm-7:30pm) and some bar snacks, we headed out to The Nest. It was quite fun. We danced. We saw wigs. Lots and lots of wigs. On men and women alike. Even one on a guy wearing leather pants. (Both were not good wardrobe choices. And after some deliberation, we decided that they both were a choice. In other words, not a joke). Kate's brother even got hit on. By our waitress. She didn't make eye contact with any of the rest of us the entire evening. And Bill Sr? He's quite the dancer. We could barely keep up. Maybe that's why I'm sick today. I do try. Still. A lovely time was had by all. So here's to a Happy 2007!


P.S. I'm following your advice Mr. McQ and doing the deadliine thing. I even told myself I had to feel better by 2pm. But I didn't until 4:30pm. Close. It was in the same day. Now off to write my resolutions. I have lots of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home