get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Make an Elf of Yourself.

For a little holiday cheer. Cut and paste the link below.

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=816ac577c8fb2a

I did one of me. But I think I messed up somehow and couldn't post it. Otherwise, I would have shared mine. I look ridiculous. If I figure it out, I'll post it. Being ridiculous can be good.

I'm in Venice right now. The whole trying to squeeze my stuff into my old room and figuring out what I can live without hasn't really inspired my Xmas cheer all that much. Or given me any time to get ready for the holidays. I still haven't bought a single gift for my family. The only people I bought anything for was the kids at the Portland women's shelter.

It's not that I didn't try to buy gifts. I wandered down Abott Kinney yesterday. The street is funky and completely different than it was last time I was here. They have lots of clothing stores and furniture stores. That's where the store that I bought my chairs at is located. It turned out they only wanted to give me store credit for them. What would I do with $1,000 store credit? Buy more furniture, I suppose. Which I would put where? They're not really a gifty place. I suppose I could wrap up the chairs and give one to each family member and let them pick out a piece of furniture in exchange. But that seems kind of un-Santa-like.

I'm going to take a walk down Main Street in Santa Monica and see if I have better luck before I head back to Cypress. I really like it here and it's hard to get moving. It's quiet. There's room. Lots of room. And there's also a black cat here named Furnace. Which makes me think of Little Will. I'm still hoping a miracle happens. I miss him. He's like no other cat. Skunk is a cat. Will is a dog-cat. A real personality. Furnace is warming up to me, but he's not particularly social. He sleeps under blankets and meows when you lift them up to look at him. I keep lifting them up to say hello.

Okay, off I go to make an elf of myself. And perhaps my next post will be more inspired.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Merry Christmas, Jody!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home