get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Liquidating My Life.


See this fridge? Well, I just sold it along with my washer and dryer to my landlord. For $500. Cash. So this moving thing is real. Damn it. I'm also selling these chairs.


There are four of them. I bought them from a swanky antique store in Venice called Bountiful when my life was more bountiful. They're not really my style any more, so I won't be as sorry to see them go as I am my appliances. Getting your first washer and dryer is a big deal. So is getting rid of them. I think they should stay here though. At this place. It just seems right. Storing them would be a pain in the ass. And they're never the same after you do. At least that's what I tell myself. Then again, I tell myself lots of things.

I'm getting more okay with the move. I think. Now that we're spacing it out. The official date is now December 14th. I did lose my Husband for Hire in the process. Apparently there are lots of women needing handy men around the holidays. He was squeezing me in, but now, he's all booked up for those dates. So the chandeliers will have to be taken down from a guy named Dan who believes in aliens. Which is not such a bad thing. That he's taking down the chandeliers, that is. He costs $10 less an hour so I figure he can believe in whatever he wants.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a funny lady!

So do you move the 14th and then head for NYC a few days later? If so a bottle of champagne is in order.

5:07 PM  
Blogger John said...

I believe in aliens. It's either that or believe that of all the TRILLIONS of planets in the universe that life on this little blue sphere is the best that God (or whatever random forces that create life) could do.

Now if you meant that Dan believes that all he has to do is to disconnect the chandeliers from the ceiling and the aliens will gently lay them on the floor THEN I'd worry.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home