get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Belle of the Ball.

I'm not sure if it was Skunk or if it was me... who was the Belle of the Ball tonight. With Will gone, Skunk gets a lot more attention. And she's a love. Beautiful. So she's quite deserving of it. She just always deferred to Little Will. As so many girls will do for charismatic men... cats included. All in the name of love.

Tonight Romy and Diane came over. They both live near me... in the neighborhood. And they're both kind of in shock that I'm leaving. Now that it's so real. That I'm getting so packed up feels strange. Seeing the boxes. The things put away. Makes it not just me talking about what I'm going to do. It's kind of what's done. I think all of us-- me included-- believed that something would happen to change things. That somehow it would all work out. I'm not sure how. I've been here so long. And for a lot of my friends, it was a place to go. A place to hang out. A home away from home. That's something I always wanted my place to be. So I did accomplish that. My mom's place was never that. We weren't allowed to have people over when I was growing up. I don't think that will be such an issue now. I don't really see that as a goal so much anymore. But it was a part of my life that I liked while I was here.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything. Sad. Confused. And don't have a lot to say. I wish I had more pictures of the good times. That there were more of them. That I was moving onto something better with absolute certainty. But I am not. I am, however, moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home