get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

I Found Wi-Fi! Free Wi-Fi. In Cypress!


I was going to write about the whole mom of it all today, but then I got so excited when I found a coffee place in Cypress that has wifi and very nice 19 year old boys who let me use it for free without buying anything that I changed my mind. Besides, they close in 14 minutes so there isn't time to get into all that stuff. They tried to talk me into going to a Hookah bar (or however you spell it - pronounce it) but 19. Yeah. Not even close. They are quite sweet and they have a band. And a myspace page. Here's the link. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=21203517. I (of course) do not have a myspace page. Which they were quite apoplectic about. What can you do? I wear clothes and most of those women don't seem to. Or at least the women I've seen.

On that note, I'll just say that I have I developed a crush on the guy who helped me today at Oliver People's. He's in a band, too. Which also has a myspace page. And he wrote a children's book. And he has good taste in glasses. And he has my info. Which is more about the things I know than taking me out, but again. What can you do? Tomorrow I'm driving my ghetto-mobile to Palm Desert to spend New Year's with Kate and the two Bills (she's related to both of them so it's not like that). I have lots of resolutions for the new year. Many of which I will send with my January cards. Which I am sending in lieu of Xmas cards. Because it's too late for that. Oh. And I aslo printed out one of those ridiculous free passes to a gym here which I'm going to suck it up and try. And I hope it's worth it. The freeness of it all.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Just beware of the free gym pass. Those things exist to lure you in for the high pressure sales pitch.

I'll let someone else tell you to beware the boy in the band. ;-)

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://inthelooparoundtheplanet.blogspot.com/

So fun having you.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home