get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Chasing my Paycheck.

My paycheck and expense reimbursement didn't arrive in the mail on Friday. So. I had to call the General Manager of the company. Then the company that pays us. Because they are two different things. That's so we can be freelance. And we don't have to be employees. Which means no taxes for anyone. Which means my meager income is going to take a hit after I file my taxes, but I can't even go there now. So anyway, the guy from the paycheck writing company really didn't care that the check was 3 days late or that I was sick and it was Friday and the rent is due on Sunday. He did however offer to reissue the check if I drove to Torrance to pick it up. Which I did. You better believe I'm charging them for that time. So now, I can pay my rent. And my bills. And pay for the rental car and food for the Sephora workers on my next trip. And I'm currently only $1,000 out-of-pocket. Yes, still. They have a screwy billing system which means a month later I'm reimbursed. Which is what it is. Screwy. But. My rent will be on time. Which is good. I am home. Which is good. I can write until Thursday, when I leave. Oh. And I have a date. Which might even be the best news of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home