get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Did Not Get on a Plane but I Did The Hook Up...For Someone Else!


I think I have a sinus infection. Which started with a migraine. Hence not wanting to pack, me thinks. Or sit on a plane. Which I didn't do. I did instead, plan for other trips. And send cover letters and resumes for other jobs. And change my flight to Wednesday. So I'm doing a shorter, gentler jaunt to Richmond, VA & Virginia Beach and Langhorne, PA. Virginia Beach is supposed to be quite the quaint little area. Southwest even wrote about them in their flight magazine. Richmond? Not so sure about. But someone has to go to the places no one else wants to go. Now, that would be me. At the tail end of the trip I get to see my oldest cousin and his family. He's the one who invited me to Martha's Vineyard for a family vacation in 2001. I'd never been on a family vacation. Unless you count funerals. My family traveled together for funerals. Anyway, we got back literally a week before September 11th. I haven't seen him since then and am very excited. And he acts excited, too. Always. Must love that. Family who is excited to see you. The novelty of that never wears off.

And then today, I discovered that an email I got from a friend from the past who sent me his info re: taking over as President of some film company (not that he wanted to read my un-represented material...sigh) that I forwarded on to my friend Steve was actually helpful. Steve forgot he knew him. Happened to have a script in the genre they're looking for and the two of them reconnected and everyone is happy. Steve offered to buy me another couch if the company buys the script. I told him I'd settle for a purse or a pair of glasses. Although some purses do cost what a couch does, if you're Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton, I am not. I want Steve to save his money. Not to say that I won't work for purses, clothes, glasses and all manner of things that I need. Boots. A new pair of boots would be good, too. I do like Marc Jacobs for boots. And those aren't cheap. Okay, I'm rambling about things I can't afford. And I'm not even medicated. Off to take my medication...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home