get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Was Singing in My Car Today



I haven't done that in so long. But I treated myself to Mat Kearney. And I LOVE HIM! No song is bad. All songs mean something. I carried him around all day. Car. House. Car... House. I used to listen to music all the time before... roommates and... stuff. I love music.

I heard him on the TV when I was in Phoenix. He is sing-in-the car worthy. And that's even before I had breakfast with Tina.
I walked to Mani's to see her. We caught up. The best breakfast ever. She is sing-during-the-day worthy.

Then, I walked to do all my errands. Good for the environment and me, I figure. And when I got home? My friend Julie dropped by. This picture is from the cruise we took together back in 2000-- to Mexico, Honduras and Belize (all expenses paid compliments of Drew Carey. She was my plus one). I was younger and tanner then. Although I wore sunscreen on my face during the cruise, so I have that two-tone thing happening. Because sun ages you, in case you haven't caught on. That cruise was the first time in my life I can remember being 100% worry free. That's worth dancing about.

Julie writes for reality TV. We went to college together. Waited tables together at Stage Deli to pay for it. She made me laugh when she told me she thinks I'm SOOO brave for dancing with randoms in random cities. But that's just me. I think it's fun. Tomorrow morning? I go to Hawaii with Romy. I've never been to Hawaii before. I've always wanted to go. I thought it would be one of those couple trips. But now it's just a couple of girls. That works for me. I'm working part time, playing part time. And for some reason, I'm not even remotely scared of the bathing suit or the bikini wax I have scheduled for 9am with Anya the Russian woman (why are they always Russian women who wax?).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable!

- Kate

5:54 AM  
Blogger John said...

Julie writes for reality TV.

The amazing thing is that you could write this sentence without explanation. We live in a world today in which even the reality is fake, which is the way we like it.

I'd comment about the picture but Kate has already provided a complete description above.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home