get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm Home! I'm Home!

I am very tired. I was in seven states in a single day. Seriously. On Monday, I drove from Doylestown, PA to Dulles, Washington DC (4 hours) starting at 6am and passing through Maryland, Deleware and Virginia and onto Los Angeles, CA (5 hours) where I turned around and got back on a plane 3 hours later bound for Phoenix, Arizona (1 hour and 15 min). Only there was a lightning storm so I was stuck at the airport for a few hours. I finally arrived in Chandler, Arizona at my hotel at 11:45 at night. I can only begin to imagine how pretty I looked. Sadly, I was more concerned with the fact that the hotel was hit by lightning and there was no internet access. It's like that crazy baseball curse... wherever I go... well, maybe not. But it's bizarre. Why is it so difficult to get the wireless thing together? Email. Internet access. These are the priorities. That's the only way I get paid. Which is a HUGER prioritiy. I'm not exactly doing this galavanting about the country for my health. Although. There were some healthy times thrown in there. Some fun times. All that being said...

I'm home! The better news? I'm ready to get it together. I know, I know. I've been saying that for awhile now. But seriously. It helped to get away and get some perspective. If not cash. (Yes, am out of pocket to the tune of nearly $1,000... which Caren has nothing to do with being that she's no longer at Boscia. She wanted me to make sure that people knew she was no longer at the company and therefore not responsible for their lack of interest in reimbursement. Which is frankly a given. Because if she was there, I would have actually had a travel advance. Sigh). Probably the best part of the trip was visiting my cousins. My cousins are pretty amazing. There are three guys to our two girls. We all spent time at my grandparents farm together when we were growing up. We usually see each other every few years for someone's wedding... but I'm the hold out so it's been awhile. Anyway, I drove 4 hours from Virginia to PA so I could go to my cousin Scott's 50th bday party (of course, it should have only been 3 and a quarter hours, but I got lost... I always get lost). It was a lot of fun. To see them. And their kids. And their lives. All of which are working. Seriously. I'm planning a trip back there next month. They could be in trouble. A tent. A large plot of land. I'm there.

Now, bed is looking good. I have SO much to write about. But I must sleep. I haven't slept for awhile. Sleep is good. So is home. And things. I have a feeling they'll be good, too. Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home