get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Friday, September 08, 2006

I Am No Longer A WGA Member

It is quite sad. I am quite sad. I didn't even know they did that. But I guess it makes sense. And here's me.. all ready to picket for America's Next Top Model to help the reality writers. I know how great health benefits are and residuals. They helped me. Very, very much. I'll probably still picket. But with a little less enthusiasm. No, that's not fair. I'll picket just as hard. It's not their fault I've produced diddly. Made diddly.

I have not had health benefits for three years. It made a difference. Those are good things. So are green envelopes (residuals). They are a reminder of what you were and what you can be. I hope to be more. And to get my membership back. And lots more little green envelopes. And I hope that reality writers get those, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home