get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Force is With Me.

Actually all of them. And the people that work on their show. I am ripping off Kate's congrats to me, but I think she'll understand. I am just so happy. To be happy. At work. To be creative again. I wrote more scenes today. We had a field trip for lunch over to Larchmont. And it was just all good. Busy. And good. And productive. Carding out scenes. Creating things. Laughing. It works. And you know? The drive home wasn't that bad at 9:15pm. I missed yoga. Didn't care. Truly. Did not care. Rewrite to come or not.

See, I forgot to mention that on Friday I got an email from Fresh Yarn about my ex-convict essay. Two years and four months after it was accepted, they wanted to know what was the most recent version so they could re-read it for publication. That is part of the process of being a writer. It is being a writer. To her absolute credit, Hillary has been amazing in all communication and she does communicate. During that window of time, she published a book and kept the site running and so that timeline actually seems reasonable. Sure, we writers all want validation now. But I want lots of things. So I forgot that Fresh Yarn was even on the list. Which meant this was a great, fun surprise. Particularly considering I am in absolute LOVE with Ileana Douglas' piece this month, "I Blame Dennis Hopper." It's so inspired. Which sounds pat and cliche. But it's not those things. It's so much more. I probably mentioned it before. I don't even know at this point what I say or don't. I do know freeways though. Yes, I am at one with the following: 605, 5, 101, 405. I don't have a favorite. But trust me, I'll keep you posted. Well, for a few more weeks at least.

I would love a public transportation system here about now or a driver. I could write en route to work. I could revise. But that will just have to wait until the weekend. Or an earlier evening. Somehow I just have to figure out a time to rewrite it. And focus on it. Even though I have a different perspective on it now. And although It may not be what I send, I do want to try it first. Me having figured out what it means. And while I won't quote one of my self-help books, I do get what wasn't working in the story. What didn't work in my life. And why it's sad that I ever thought anything with us ever worked at all. Still. What the hell? That damn ex-convict just keeps popping up. Although. He is a good story. I think it's best to keep him at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home