get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Friday, February 23, 2007

There's a Call Sheet in My In-Box!


And a cast and crew list and a reminder to be at a production meeting on Monday at 9:30am! How great is that? I got the job!!! How crazy is that? One minute, I was hiking up Runyan Canyon, the next I was answering my phone and being told I got the job. I thought Kurt was just being polite and calling to tell me that they went with someone else. Which would have been nice because no one bothers to tell you when you're being rejected nowadays-- you kind of just have to assume when the phone doesn't ring that you're out. And I gotta say, I like it better when the phone does ring. Especially when you get the job! I got the job!! I got the job!!! I got the job!!! Somewhere upstairs Highland is doing her happy dance. And it is a rung up. I'll be a story assistant. For 10 weeks.

I've got to admit, that happiness aside, it was hard to have to call the other two places who I planned to log for next week, because I don't like letting people down. And they were both good to me. But I have a lot less guilt post self-help book number 9. And they both understood. I will miss Isaac. Alot. He is one unique dude. A character. He told me he put a good word in for me at The Biggest Loser... which starts up in April or maybe even May. So you never know. He's a star. And Stacey at DME told me that even though I never said a word she could assume when I was logging that I was probably not in a place I would be for very long. God bless her. We're going to keep in touch, too.

I owe Julie a huge gracias. Which is what I called to say midway up Runyan. Which I'm sure the other hikers loved. Tonight she even went so far as to give me another tutorial before she left for dinner so I'd be prepared for Monday. Because she knows what I know. And how to relate it to what I need to know. On the way home, I bought the whole season of the show on DVD. And tomorrow, I'm buying an Avid Pro book. It's all self help all the time over here. On the way into LA, I was Calling in the One. And then look what happened. Maybe the one for me iis a race car driver...? Did I mention the star of the show is a John? Seriously. It's kind of funny now. John Force. Which he is... a force. Seth who was one of the story assistants on Beauty and the Geek suggested I immerse myself in reality shows this weekend. That I study the form. So while the rest of the world watches the Academy Awards, I will be well, probably switching back and forth between reality and the Academy Awards. After all, if they have a water cooler, I can't be entirely out of touch. Oh, by the way. I'm really happy. I got the job.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. Congratulations!!!
You got the job, because you are creating your own reality. You made it happen, whether it was your profoundly beautiful face, your Spirit, maybe the sheer force of your aura?
Live the power of you. You are the artist of your own life canvas. Paint. Breathe, Create, then Paint some more.
Blessings, The White Witch.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So great. May the "Force" be with you!

- Kate

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home