get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Little Respect Goes A Long Way.

I forgot what that felt like. Respect. Kindness. I get it at work now. I can't remember the last time I got it at work. It's the best. I get to be creative. People are nice to me. And as Julie said, "I get to use my brain the way it's supposed to be used." I worked on stories all day!!!! On the way in, I called Carla and when I told her how much I was making after she asked, she said, "You'll be making much more than that in no time." Truth be told, I'm happy to be making this!!! This is the most I've made since well... hate to say it, but Drew. It's not much sure, but I haven't made much in awhile. And to be where you want to be or at least on the way there and be making a nearly liveable wage... I'm so thankful, I can't tell you. Sure, self-help is great. But when you get help from others, that's even greater.

And yes, I would rather be living closer than an hour and half away. But this job is worth driving to.

The story department on the show is so nice. Beyond. The Executive Producer came in for a meeting with another one of the producers and walked into the story room to say "hi." Eva introduced me and said, "This is Jody, she's part of the story department." That's just it. Kurt (a producer who also hired me) introduced me at the staff meeting the same way. No one on the show puts you in your place. (Read: "This is Jody, she's our story assistant") No one has made a point of putting me in my place. Every place I've been up till now that's non-creative (except for 3 Ball - loved 3 Ball!... oh and DME!-- on the way to creative, but not quite there)- has put me in my place. Samantha especially. And me maybe a little bit. But it's hard not to be put in a place when you're wearing a name tag and working for $12 an hour.

So I have to get things done, prepare for another day. A new month tomorrow... on my way to 39. It's the bday month. I am just so thankful that it's also on the way to something more. I'm ready for something more. Although for now, I'll take respect.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

39? (dont lie to us.)
..... Darling, you look 23!

Blessings, The Witch Witch.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home