get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Sad But True Realization.

I've only been kissed twice this year by a man. When I say "twice this year", it means I was only kissed by a man on 2 out of 365 days... on two separate occasions. Once by someone who didn't mean it. And the next by someone who was young enough to pretend that he did. Times I was held? Zero. And sex? Well, somewhere in the middle.

No wonder I'm crazy. Remember that doctor who didn't touch his child-- a baby-- to see what would happen, then the baby, his child, died? Well, I wouldn't want to be kissed by that particular doctor. But you get my point. The crazy part. And why.

It's like I was saying to my mom, does it matter if you're interesting if nobody hears your stories? It's like being alive and not really being alive all at the same time. No wonder my heart hurts.

2 Comments:

Blogger In The Loop Around the World said...

I hear your suffering. I wish there was something I could do.

Amma was here in NYC this weekend giving people hugs. She has dedicated her life to hugging people. That is how important contact and connection is. People around the world line up for her hugs!

http://www.amma.org/


xoxoxoxxoxo

Kate

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jody..
I've been married for 16 years and since there are some that might follow my page and come here and read this...:) All I will say is that I can relate to you more than you know..
Not being heard? Yea, know that one too...Too bad we didn't live close..if you're even in my area, please let me know. We should commiserate over coffee..I'll treat!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home