get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Las Vegas - Part II

So Vegas or no Vegas, when you're in a boring mall, you're bored. Today, I was in a boring mall. There was no one to train. No one to sell to. And the only people to talk to other than the salespeople who were complaining about corporate and that their hours had been cut due to the slowdown in sales were these two drunk guys who were smoking cigars and buying cream for one of the guys' wives who just got a boob job and a magnifying mirror for the other guy's wife. But that was it. The highlight. Me, the fish out of water getting along with the boob job's husband. He did say I was too pretty to be single. But then he'd been drinking.

My allergies have kicked in and I'm tired. But I can't go out and frolic because I have to go train people tomorrow at 830. Which means I have to be there at 815. Which means I have to go get them coffee and sugary substances sometime before then so they'll pay attention to me. Luckily, I'm an early riser. The bummer is, I kind of did want to see a show, but Donna Summer isn't here until tomorrow night. So is someone else I want to see who now escapes me. That's what happens when my alergies kick in. I can't think. Oh, the Blue Man Group. I think that was the only joke I ever got in the entire time I worked on the show I worked on. Well, maybe not really. But it sure felt like it.

Okay, I'm going to try and write and pack so I can check out tomorrow am before I go off to feed sugar to people so I can get some sugar. Maybe I'll try and pet a flamingo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home