get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

How White I Am.

Too white. They hired an African American girl for the job. They said it was for diversity. I remember back when I got let go from the show I was writing for. Some of the shows I met on were family shows that wanted to hire people who were married with kids. And just knowing people who fit that desciption or being related to them was not good enough for them. And every other show wanted me to be a a minority because well, see diversity. But I was and remain to do this day, a single white girl from Orange County.

Argh. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad. Didn't cry. And didn't wish I wasn't so damn white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home