get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Kansas Isn't Half Bad.


I actually even like it. Alot. This traveling thing isn't half bad. The people are nice. And funny. And real. And they forgave the fact that I shook when I first started talking about the line. Yes, I get the nervous the first time I do anything and it's been awhile. Yes, even that. Actually, especially that. I had fun. I kind of did the bonding thing with the Sephora people. Who have to endure 3 1/2 weeks of training before they can work at the store. Can you believe that? From 9-5. Every day. Can you say too much information? So I tried not to give too much but just enough. It's a balance. If I can't achieve it myself, I figure at least I can help others.

That brings up the food thing... The funny thing about make-up and skincare people is that they love sweets. They care about what they put on their skin and how they look-- but what they eat is not so great for them usually. According to one of the women today, they like to buy purses and shoes and make-up. And eat brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Me? I brought fruit... and brownies and cookies. I didn't want to completely alienate them. So the brownies? Gone in a heartbeat? Cookies? Those, too. And the fruit? Pretty close. I did bring Vitamin Water, too. I mean, there's sugar in that. Along with all the other good stuff. I thought maybe they wouldn't notice. And I did break a few of them down. They're even going to check out Whole Foods. Well, I figure Boscia is beauty from the inside out -- so you've gotta start somewhere.

Now I'm in my hotel room. Watching that Heather Locklear movie-- The Perfect Man. And it's making me cry. Yes, I am that pathetic. So I don't know why I want everything I write to be so different and meaningful and perfect. Maybe it's because I haven't had the perfect man or imperfect man long enough to realize what is different and meaningful and perfect.
There is a great line in there-- "I'm through with these people and I want new ones." How great is that? How ridiculously great? If only. Well, I like my people. I miss male people. I hope imperfect or perfect, that I get a new one soon. And if he's a keeper? Better yet. I'll even feed him brownies if he wants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home