get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Things I'm Thankful For

1. My friends are still here. God bless them.

2. Little Will is still alive. And cute. And loving.

3. Good root jobs. They make me look richer in more than friends and animals.

4. Wine. And the cute guy at Ralph's who told me what I already knew about wine. Frankly, he could have told me anything about anything. I would have been listened.

5. Workouts. Like yoga and hiking and tae bo, oh my. And that I can go.

6. Email. For when you can't face the phone. And shouldn't. Oh let's face it. Sometimes email is a bad idea, too. I still like it. Mistakes happen for a reason.

7. Perfume. I just bought some for the first time in four years. It makes me feel like a woman. Or at least like I smell like one.

8. Books. Hardcover books. New books. Old books.

9. Writers.

10. Creative types.

11. Good genes.

12. Bad genes.

13. Hope.

14. Messed up people.

15. Non-messed up people.

16. Fashion.

17. Inspiration.

18. Bubble baths.

19. Forgiveness.

20. My grandma and grandpa.

21. My memories.

22. My lack of memory.

23. Rain.

24. Sunshine.

25. Residual checks. (Where are you my little green envelope?).

26. Parents who listen.

27. My parents when they listen.

28. The fact that I can say parents, plural.

29. Children. And their sense of play.

30. The fact I still have a sense of play.

31. My blog. For giving me a reason to write.

32. People who read me. For giving me a reason to write.

33. Movies.

34. Ideas.

35. Women.

36. Men.

37. I'm not working at XXX XXXX Publicity.

38. Or a Beverly Hills boutique.

39. Or Costco.

40. Or Taco Bell.

41. I've had good doctors. Who got me better. And they don't need to get better in that way anymore. Not physically. Not mentally.

42. Writers write lines like the one in Bridget Jones when Mark Darcy says, "I like you just the way you are."

43. I still believe that I might hear those words from a man.

44. Or at least I can write them so I can imagine them being said by a man that I've made up to a woman that I've made up who all too closely resembles me.

45. I have 45 things to be thankful for. (And I'm sure there are more...!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home