get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Home Sweet Home


Vegas. I'm missing it. How could I be missing it? Was it the excitement? The people? The fact a 38 year old woman can be doted on by two incredibly beautiful 26 year-old men? I don't know what it was. But it worked. The whole week. Just worked. It reminded me of who I am. In a place that is diametrically opposed to who I am... or maybe not. Maybe that's the thing I'm supposed to realize. That I don't know who I am. Or maybe too much... and therefore, too much of me is a bad thing. But I met cool women and men and bartenders and Sephora workers and... well, the me thing didn't seem to stand in the way.

Now I'm getting my writing back on. Watching Sweet Home Alabama. And loving the first few lines.
Girl: What would you want to marry me for anyway?
Boy: So I could kiss you anytime I want.

That's the line I'm looking to hear. I don't care if the kid who said it in the movie was 10 years old. The line was written by someone. And I'm a writer. So that's the line I'm writing for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home