get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Friday, July 14, 2006

It's Hard to Type While in a Fetal Position


It's also hard to meet a man, make money, and change your situation. However, it is quite easy to cry, think you're a loser and panic about your life. Oh. And last but not least, text message people you have no business text messaging. But it is free. Not the texting, the fetal position. And despite preferring to meet my friends out, so that I can forget about the loser thing and money thing and perhaps actually see men, I can only do things that are free. So I'm off now to assume the position. I might try rocking back and forth today. Just to mix it up. Maybe that way I'll fall asleep and when I wake up, I'll have answers. Or money. I wonder if that would be considered entertainment on a street corner. If so, maybe I'll attempt it. Maybe then, other people will feel as sorry for me as I'm feeling sorry for myself. Well, actually I don't feel sorry for myself. I just feel like a loser. That's different.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one who writes a blog as eloquently and emotionally moving as yours could possibly be a loser.

1:38 PM  
Blogger In The Loop Around the World said...

You are better than this. What does telling youself this story that you are a loser get you?

Frankly, I am a little offended that you would dare to call my beautiful brilliant writer friend Jody a loser.

Do not do that violence against her.

Take care of her and tell her how capable she is and how she can make anything happen in her life that she sets her mind to.

That story about text messaging because it is free is cute. But no one is going to buy that one off the shelf. ;)

What does that story buy you?

I love you,

Kate

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prescribe a trip back to Vegas!

4:48 AM  
Blogger John said...

When I can't be happy I try to do happy.

What's doing happy? Pretty much anything I can make myself get off my ass and do. It can be playing my guitar or keyboard, writing a letter or a blog entry, exercising or even cleaning the house. Somehow just doing something, even the most mundane thing, makes me feel better.

Hang in there.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jody...
Would you like some company? :) Cuz' my party is sounding like yours.
I'm so sorry things are tough right now but remember the ying and yang thing. With bad is good and visa versa...
I'm not yet a believer but each day is baby steps.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try wendi.com stuff,

it works,

she has a special CD for writers,,,it is called "creative genius"

"..change your reality, change your thoughts...."

if you go to wendi.com, look through the "newsletter" section, to the June 9th edition, and check out the free 5 minute gig, at the bottom of the newsletter, on "confidence"...it is life changing stuff, and will help you now.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home