get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Monday, January 29, 2007

My Body's Doing Things I Never Thought It Could.

Which is a phenomenon. This Orange County yoga thing is all twisty and stretchy and well, different. Not that I'm opposed to different. On the one hand, I don't feel the love quite so much for it. But on the other hand, I'm kind of proud of myself for sucking it up and trying. It seems to be working. For some reason, I can fit into my skinny jeans. Which I didn't really even care about. But that might also have to do with the fact that there's no Whole Foods and I can't find any food I like. Which if I cooked or really cared enough about it, I could probably do. It's just there's no room for things I like in my mom's fridge any way. And why belabor the point? She never read the memo on boundaries, so I'm thinking the fridge takeover might be an issue. And then cooking? Forget about it. Even though she does have a dishwasher. No need to upset the balance more than necessary.

And speaking of boundaries. Or writing about them, rather. I did read an entire book about them in a day. I got all caught up. It was quite enlightening. And actually quite beneficial. Who knew? But I'm going to have to re-read that book and probably bone up on a few others before I can actually put some of the suggestions to use. I wonder if I can carry cue cards for the next boundary violation I have to navigate? Hmm. That's a thinker. I'm kind of embracing this somewhat self-helpy period in my life. I better, otherwise I'll never get out of here.

I did have one option presented to me today. An ex-roommate from my 20s emailed me with a proposition... yes, my past is catching up with me and actually chasing me around the table. Well, he did that a long time ago, too. Actually a few times, if I remember correctly. He also slept with like four or five of my friends. So I'm not really responding to his champagne-hotel-make-out-session suggestion. Not that I couldn't use it. But I kind of want the whole shebang and I don't really find myself attracted to him in a shebanging kind of way. Too bad.

Which takes me to 3Ball. It's the name of a company that my friend Julie is working for. She brought me in on Sunday to teach me the avid. I pulled clips from their interviews. And I gave her notes on the story. It was reciprocity at its best. I'm excited about it. I really need to keep moving forward. And the more you know, the more you realize you already knew. And the better chance you have of proving it to others. Let's see if my body can actually do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home