get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Home Stretch.


It is. Even though I'm actually staying at the Fairfield Inn right now in King of Prussia, PA. Which is nowhere close to home. I'll only be doing this job for another two months. I'm just going to be training new reps across the country. Which is a huge relief. The end is in sight. Although I still have to bee "on stage" (in Sephora-speak), the trips will be shorter. Of course, I'll also have to be accountable to another human. The one I'm training. I'll have to be setting an example which means not having any more crazy adventures. Truth be told, it feels like it's time to slow down. I'm no spring chicken. Not to mention, I'm exhausted. Still. I did have fun alot of times. Even with the mishaps. I got to see things I'd have never seen. Meet people I never would have met. And basically become an expert on the malls of America. In the past five months, I've been to:

Las Vegas, Nevada
Phoenix (Chandler), Arizona
Kansas City, Kansas
Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach & Miami Beach, Florida
San Francisco, CA
Richmond, Virginia
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Alexandria, Virginia
Philadelphia, Pennsyvlania
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Washington DC & Georgetown
Maryland
Delaware
Portland, Oregon
Seattle, Washington
Boston, Massachusetts
Paramus, New Jersey
White Plains, New York
Danbury, Connecticut
Honolulu, Hawaii... and soon I'll be heading to Dallas and San Diego.


I've rented cars from:
Avis, Dollar, National, Alamo, and Enterprise.

I've flown:
American, United, ATA, Frontier, Southwest, Continental, Delta, USAir and this weekend... Jet Blue!

I'm also going to take the Amtrak. I've already taken the bus. And cabs. Lots of cabs. And ridden the subway.

I've stayed at Fairfield Inns, Quality Inns, Hampton Inns, The Chandler Inn, The Flamingo, La Quinta, The Ramada Inn, and few other random hotels. Also, I've managed to take over all the extra space at my three cousins compounds (as I like to call them) and Kate's. Next week-- I finally get to stay at a boutique hotel!!! The Hotel Max in Seattle on the 15th, 16th & 17th. A nice place. For 3 whole nights. Look at the pic and the amenities:



- Spiritual menu offering inspiration for most any religious or spiritual beliefs
- Menu of pillow choices
- Comfy beds with pillow-top mattresses
- The very plushest robes
- Private bar
- Parking – Valet with in-and-out privileges (daily fee)
- Concierge services
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour fitness center
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- 24-hour Business center
- Red Fin Restaurant offering eclectic Asian fusion fare
- Torrefazione coffee and Tazo teas
- Customized Max bath amenities

When I'm in Portland on the 18th, I get to stay at the Hotel Lucia, which is also fancy and the sister hotel to the Hotel Max. Get it? Max-Lucia? I'm putting up the extra $15 that the company won't pay. So at least I'm going out with a bang. Or at least in a more comfortable setting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home