get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

LOVE. New York.



Okay. This city works for me. Works. Just works. First. There's Kate. This is fun. We're having fun. And we haven't even gone out yet. Well, together, that is. And then there's Sam'n. Very cool. She was the New York PR when I worked for the nameless not so nice PR person in LA. Who I probably have mentioned a few times by name...but what can you do? Sam'n and I met for drinks at the Hudson-- which is where I stayed when I had the money to stay at a hotel. Five years ago. They have sex rooms, as I like to call them. You can see the bed from the shower... and the shower from the bed. And really, the rooms are basically just a bed. This time? I just drank in the bar. No room. I had martinis! Sam'n just wine. She's not a drinker. Then again, she's married. We had a waitress who ignored us. So I said something nonchalantly (well, as nonchalant as I can be while still being charming and polite) when I went to the bar and lo and behold-- a martini-- for free! From the manager. And some lovely Swedish man (cute, by the way) and his friend-- martini! It was all so easy yet so confusing. In LA, I'd have to be naked for that to happen. On that note... today? Saw Keanu Reeves. Okay. Beautiful. Smoking, though. Almost took a pic but thought, I don't do that in LA, so why here? So, no. But again... for the record... beautiful. And to be honest, that's reason enough to take a picture, but I kind of think he was suspicious as I stood there and I didn't want to be tackled by some paparazzi tackler.



So the day in NYC was crisp. Not too cold. I walked 50 blocks one way -- about five another. I went to Columbus Circle... and ran into a writer from LA-- doing some radio stuff for Howard Stern... we both went to the largest Whole Foods ever-- and both left. It's kind of a lot of work to shop in a place so huge. That's why I don't go to Target. Instead, I went to Barney's (to look... clearly. Only. Clearly) and to few other stores. And treated myself to an appetizer and a glass of wine in the middle of the day. At Josephina's which is just a few blocks from where I used to live when I lived here. I never went there then. I always thought it was too expensive. And it probably is. Was. I'm just older now and like treats. Then tonight? I went out to the Blue Ribbon Bakery with my friend Kristine. We ate and drank... and I got asked for my number! By Prison Break guy. Well, he didn't go to prison. And he isn't on the show. But he was hot and looked like he could have been-- on TV at least-- and we had this little rapport thing going and Kristine said he was going to ask for my number... and I thought she was insane, but he did. Hot Prison Break guy. Asked me for my number. Friday night is Kristine's little bday soiree. He might come. Or at least call. See... Love. New York!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're having a good time..I hope to one day, go to New York. Enjoy. R

4:08 PM  
Blogger John said...

One day is all I've spent there. Gawked at tall buildings as my friend admonished me not to because it would identify me as a tourist. I was a tourist! Saw the Statue of Liberty. Took a picture of my friend with the twin towers behind her. Odd to see it now.

Saw rats near the subway. Big ones! My friend lectured me again when I asked a woman on the subway if the open seat next to her was taken. "Don't ask!" my friend said. "Just sit!"

I sat.

Glad you're having a good time.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home