get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Blog Birthday to Me.

So. It's been a year today. Yes, a year. Since I started this blog. For some reason, keeping it going. Having things to say-- whether good, bad, ugly... embarrassing... dramatic... depressing... just keeping it going, feels like an accomplishment. Which is a good thing. I like good things. Then again, so does Martha Stewart. She built a whole empire out of them. Well, I'm no Martha. There's no empire. But there's change. Lots of change. Some of it is hard. Alot of it isn't what I expected. Or necessarily even what I wanted. I've made a lot of mistakes. Shared them. Made people wince, cringe, and probably think I'm completely insane. Which at times, I am. I think too much. Write when I should just meditate or something. But at least I keep moving forward. And backwards. Then forwards again. At least I keep people guessing. And even myself. And I'm honest. So I always have that. I don't know what tomorrow will bring. Or even today. But today is my blog birthday. And I'm going to celebrate. Because the mere fact that anyone reads this makes me happy. Because it gives me a reason for writing. And that's good enough for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every blog birthday (blogrthday? I like how that sounds) should deserve a stream of consciousness the-blog-in-review post. Happy blogrthday.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Blog...:)
Hope you're doing well.
R

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home