get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Pete Townshend has a Blog!

So today, I'm perusing the "Blogs of Note" section on this blogger site and guess what? 1) the ones of note are quite notable and 2) Pete Townshend has a blog! How cool is that? Not to mention, he's serializing a book on the blog. Sure he's famous and people care what he has to say-- blog or no blog, but he has a blog for a reason, right? He's a smart cookie, that Pete Townshend. And I figure, if he can put fiction up on his blog, then maybe my crazy idea to post my short stories might actually work.

Alot of my friends are incredibly supportive of this blog thing. Some think it's a waste of my time-- that I should just be working on my "real writing" and getting my life together. But I've got to say, I think they're wrong. Because anything that gets you writing is a good thing. And in the habit of writing. And validation in any form-- not so bad. Encouragement, even better. The cats are cute but they don't get all of what I've been going through. And email comments in your inbox -- that's fun, too.

On that note, today the cake lady told me about a cool novel writing website. So visit her site! She seems more interesting than normal and like someone you'd want to hang out with and has a very cool pic of herself from the back on her site -- an over the shoulder thing that is kind of sassy and I wish I had done myself of myself...too late!. Anyway, I also figured out the whole link thing. Kind of... I mean, I don't know how to make the letters all cursive like "archives". But I can promote the people who have been great to me and say "Email Me." So that's not half bad. And tomorrow... well, I'm sure it will be better. But today is Halloween and tomorrow, well, it will be better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you can still add a picture even after you've set up your blog. Someone else can maybe tell you how, but I am pretty sure it is possible. I for one would like to know what you look like.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home