get the milk for free

one 38-year old single writer's attempt to make sense of her life, career, mistakes and oftentimes messy moments... or at least share her writing-- for free!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Let's just say, this is not where I thought I'd be when I grew up.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What to do, What to do?




****Oddly enough, this blog entry is being interrupted by a random visit from The Fireman***

Okay, he just showed up. It's 12am. And he wants sex. I haven't seen him in six months. Or more. Because he has a girlfriend. Who he apparently just got in a fight with. This is also apparently an ongoing thing with him since he left a random note on my door about a month ago saying hi and telling me to call him at the station. And now? Well, he's been drinking so I tell him he can stay over mainly because I'm tired and don't have the energy to throw him out and also because I've been watching "Rescue Me" and love it and also because he shouldn't drive. He works at the station down the street and has to be at work at 5:30 in the morning. I warn him that nothing is going to happen. I wear sweats to bed. With socks. Attractive, right? A mood killer you'd think. He, of course, doesn't see it that way. He gets completely naked. I don't let him kiss me. He tries. And tries again. All the while complaining to me about his "psycho" girlfriend. And his situation. Which has been going on awhile now according to him. This popping up thing/getting naked thing is making me begin to see why.

The mother of his child won't let him see his kid (a boy-- who breastfed for like 2 1/2 years. Creepy, I'm sorry. I don't care what anyone says). Anyway, (I think I've mentioned this before) he's already sold his boat, his second car and his motorcycle to pay legal fees. And now he lives with his apparently "psycho" girlfriend because he has to rent out his house-- also for legal fees--and can't leave her because if he does the court will think he's not stable. This is alot of information. Which is much easier to tolerate when you're having sex with someone. And you know, I like sex as much as the next person. But not from someone like him. Not for someone who I found out was using me as a back-up. Nice, right? He flat out says he's cheated on every girlfriend he's ever had like this is a ringing endorsement or something. The scary thing is, he shares this information. The scarier thing? I used to feel sorry for him. To want to help him. Even though he was one of those guys who thought we were dating when we were just having sex. I told him a date involves setting a time, picking up the person you're dating and doing something outside of the bedroom. But he didn't get it. The ex-convict didn't get it either. They're eerily enough kind of the same guy-- no matter how differently society labels them-- they're both always trying to get away with shit. And for awhile they did. With me. I was the common denominator. But not anymore. Yes, I get that. I finally get that.

Hmm. It appears maybe I'm not all that slow after all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be scared of her too. she used you.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home